Saturday, March 1, 2008

Marseille Vacation -- Second Day

Sabado-
Ok... i thought i will be up at 8:30am but it seems that my clock was ringing for a long time and it was left without battery. It's something like 11am when i leave the hotel to find some coffee and a Patisserie (ummm... i love cakes) to make up for my breakfast. I dont find anything i would like (and moreover .. almost all the patisseries dont have tables). It seems that Frenchs don´t accustom to take the breakfast outside of their homes. I take a baggete and some fruits and think: thats french too. ;-)
I dont want to write about every place i visit, so i will let you with a bunch of pictures coz one picture makes more than thousend words. Notradrame D'la gard, Abbaye Saint Victor, Vieux Port, etc. After Notradame i looked for a restaurant... there were a lot of places closed.. why?I think. it´s saturday. But Ok.. one sign outside of a closed door gets my attention: the prices ok (at least ok for the big hunger that was taking control of me)... after trying to open the door many times i start wondering if that was a trap and some cameraman was nearby taking pictures of me and i will be in the french "hidden camera" to make the frenchs laugh a little. Someone comes after i press the bell button of all the apartments of that building. In a bad english she told me that frenchs dont use to eat that early !!(it was 5:30pm) and opens the restaurant only for me (uff. now i was feeling better). The dinner was not that nice... but well.. it was ok.
I wanted to go party.. but i saw in internet some discos and they were pretty full and not that nice. I prefer to go home and rest for tomorrow. I want to take a ship to the Frioul islands. I've read that they are nice, but i know now that i won´t be able to go to Chatteur D'If coz " it's too windy".

No comments:

Marseille