Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Birthday and Vacations in Madrid and Toledo




Well.. I have been travelling for a lot lately... and i found yet another opportunity to cheer and travel more: My Birthday... juupi.
Normally you don't go to Madrid on August... because it's really warm, but for me... it was just the right decision.
I arrived there on Thursday and used my first afternoon to explore the city. I was surprised to see the amount of south Americans there, it was like being at home =)
Like a typical german... i brought with me a Guidebook, it was one of the best things i could have done.

From Madrid
Throught this marvellous book (written with all the detail that characterize germans) i found a place that could make a good business of me: The Chocolateria San Ginés. Man... After that friday... i was thinking everyday to go there again.. and the best of all: they have open almos 7/24 ! I was caught in the pic eating my delicious "Churros con Chocolate" there.!
This place is really recommendable!

This day... (on friday) i walk throught Gran Via, Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor and headed then to the museo of the Prado.
I'm not the museum typ of guys... but i should say.. i enjoyed to see this museo.. as well as the Reina Sofia (the next day).. they are gigant Museums and they were really cheap. I went out this day as well.. in the night, i wanted to know how is the night life of Madrid like. I did't get disappointed... many salsa discos, trans, people walking everywhere at 1am. Just great! I like this kind of energy... the feeling of life!


From Madrid
The best thing of the saturday was the Guernica... a paiting of Pablo Picasso and one of the most known paintings of him.
German-Spain relationships were not always the best. The paiting is huge and you can see in every detail how the painter did it. Each part of it has a meaning ... although the whole could be seen as funny or messy.. it's not.

And what else? .. oh yeah.. i got hungry.. what does my book say? ... hungry? then go for tapas! For Tapas i went! Near to Puerta del Sol! They are not that expensive but actually i havent bought them that day.. i thought they would be too small for me. Wrong! :P anyways... i ordered beef(or bullock?) it was fun, you get it to fry yourself on the table. The waiter : Someone from Peru. hehe. He was nice and i got discount. Too tired this night to party.

Sunday. Well for sunday there is just one important thing to do... the flea market. It's really huge! But well... It looks just a little like colombian flea markets. It was funny thou... i bought some boxers and a bag. Hehe. now i remember.. i walked like 800mts or more with 4 pieces of bread and something like squid, prawns and other kind of meat on
top of it.. to the El Retiro park. The people in the street were drooling after my dinner. It looked so tasty.

Monday was just the day to rest... i walked in the afternoon through some of the fanciest streets of Madrid.. i found then: The Plaza Duke Salamanca! :). Since i planned to go to Toledo the next day.. today was the day to sleep early. night. ! :P


From Madrid


Tuesday 26!!!! Happy birthday Mr. Let's go to Toledo.. beautiful day... sun.. everything nice. In toledo i tried to change my driver's license ... coz well, Spain is the only european country that has an agreement with Colombia to do those things. It was only a try, coz well... i dont really live there. Didn't work. Doesnt matter.
Toledo was nice. I walked everywhere and bought me and my people in germany some candies. Black spot: I couldnt get to speak with my mother... nor my brother. :( Anyways... i came back to Madrid and had a romantic afternoon at the Temple of Debod (see pic) and then i traveled with the funicular. =)

Wednesday... i should start my trip back to Germany... i take with me great memories thou... i'll do trips for my Birthday every year!.

No comments:

Marseille